As we busily prepare for Christmas, let us not forget those desperately hurting this year.
Over 60,000 people have been left homeless due to Sandy. There is little temporary housing, emergency shelters have closed, and gracious friends and families who opened up their home are feeling the “inconvenience” of extra bodies. Many are left with little choice but to live in the debris. How you can bring HOPE to the hopeless:
- Bring a Team: Nothing would be better than being HOME for Christmas.
Here is a news story done on one of our teams. Montgomery Community Church in Ohio brought along 10 men recovering from drug addictions. Listen to their amazing stories of how helping others helped them.
Kindness from strangers is the sweetest treasure. Kindness given to strangers grows the giver beyond measure.
- Donate: $10 puts a gift into a needy child’s hand. Through our partners we
- Give Thanks and Continue to Pray. After the 15 of Dec. We, through our sponsors, will have delivered over 100 semis of relief aid to Isaac and Sandy! Here is one video story.
People went weeks without electricity or running water after Sandy. Yet, this is the norm everyday for the people of Liberia. There is no electricity in the country. Neighborhood water pumps are even short supply. School is a luxury most can’t afford. How you can bring HOPE to these, the least of them:
- SPONSOR A CHILD – provides tuition, clothes, and food. Think of doing this on behalf of a loved one as a Christmas gift or in memory of one who has passed.
- Provide a one time special holiday meal and gifts for needy family. $50 covers gifts for a family and rice for the month.
- Buy Bridge Brew Coffee. Makes excellent hostess gifts, stocking stuffers, or teacher gifts. Not only does it taste great, it’s fair trade, AND the proceeds go towards starting schools in Liberia thus preventing child trafficking. Buy ten or more through Dec. 15th and shipping is on us. Email for details.